Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Leaves


I love leaves. But, the only reason I love them is because I don't have to rake them. Actually, I take that back, I have to rake bougainvillea leaves all the time, and that sucks. They are everywhere and then they pile up and are nests for pests.

However, colorful as the desert flora is, I love the reds, yellows, oranges, and even the browns of fall leaves. I think that I really found a love for fall when I lost it in Colorado 10 years ago. Although fall exists here in AZ, and in CO, it isn't the same.

So, to cure myself of my fall blues, I went on three recent trips just to see fall, and a forth incidental trip. I saw fall in Green Bay, WI at the end of September along Highway 94. I saw fall in Dillon, Colorado over Labor Day Weekend (early!) in the yellow Aspen trees. I saw fall in Sedona during a hike that was designed around where fall colors were noted on AZHIKES.COM. And last, I saw the peak of fall in Grand Junction Colorado, surrounding the vineyards of Palisade.

Needless to say, I took as many pictures as I could and now have great visual memories to keep with me. What a great season. I am just hoping that next fall my wedding is set to the back drop of these lovely colors! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment