Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Halloween

Why is Halloween my absolute favorite holiday? I'll tell you why! It is the holiday that requires you to dress up, get creative, and let your wild side out. Nothing is more fun to me than a theme party, and Halloween is the only acceptable excuse for an adult to throw a theme party (that is not "Over the Hill" or "Baby Shower"...) Ok, so if you want to throw a theme party, do it, but don't say I didn't warn you.

Anyway, every Halloween I spend months trying to come up with a creative idea for my costume. I don't like buying standard costumes, because I don't want to match anyone else. So, instead, I rummage through my closet and try to piece together items to create a look. The past few years recent summer blockbusters have inspired me. This year I haven't seen any movies...

I also like decorating for Halloween. I love gravestones, skulls and crossbones, candy corn lights, and spider webs. It makes me happy to see the decorative skull candle, and to be the most festive house on the block (and NOT for Christmas).

Do you love Halloween, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment